Austrian Ecolabel for schools and educational institutions
"die umweltberatung" supports schools and educational institutions for the implementation of the Austrian Ecolabel.
City of Vienna - PUMA (Project Environmental Management in
2004 - ongoing
The Austrian Ecolabel for schools and educational institutions is destined to promote the commitment of all groups of persons involved in every-day school life to a sustainable development of their present and future living environment. The Ecolabel for schools is thus awarded to educational institutions for their special commitment in the fields of environmentally compatible acting, environmental education and the promotion of a favourable social climate at school.
In addition to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management this initiative is also supported by the Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Culture.
The Austrian Ecolabel awards educational institutions which take account of the principles of sustainable development as a guideline for a future-proof development. Preventive environmental management and education for sustainable development are the crucial demands of this Ecolabel Guideline Educational Institutions can reach, by means of a status quo analysis of their environmental situation and the educational programme as well as of the resulting goals, a considerable quality increase.
- International Business College Hetzendorf 2004
- business academy Donaustadt 2004
- HTL Ettenreichgasse 2004, 2006, 2010
- BG, BRG und BORG Polgarstraße 2005, 2009
- Schulzentrum Ungargasse, BHAK und BHAS 2005, 2013
- HAK Linz 2005
- GTVS Rosa-Jochmann-Schule 2006
- De La Salle Schulen Strebersdorf (Volksschule und AHS) 2008
- GTVS Kirschenallee 2008
- HLTW Bergheidengasse 2009, 2013
- Campus Wien-Strebersdorf (Praxisvolksschule, Private NMS, Kirchliche Pädagogische Hochschule) 2012
- University College for Agrarian and Environmental Pedagogy 2010, 2014
- Berufsschule für Handel und Reisen 2016
Supported educational institutions
- Verwaltungsakademie (Administration Academy) City of Vienna 2011, 2015
- VHS Donaustadt (adult education centre) 2012, 2016
- Climate Alliance Austria 2013
- Advanced training University College for Agrarian and Environmental Pedagogy 2014
- Kardinal König Haus, Education Centre of the Jesuits and Caritas non-profit Ltd. 2015
- bioforschung Austria (research institute for organic farming) 2015
- VHS Penzing (adult education centre) 2016
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Federal Ministry for Education and Women's Affairs
Austrian Consumers’ Association (VKI)
Environmental education FORUM